Frequently Asked Questions 

1. What is the “Master Anaplanner Home” model?
    This model is your central control tower for your life as a Certified Master Anaplanner, including all of your rewards, information, and certification maintenance tasks (formally launching January 2020). You will be able to directly update your work and contact information for us, review and opt-in to participate in engagement activities as they come up throughout the year and track your status towards completing your annual certification maintenance requirements.

2. How do I access the “Master Anaplanner Home” model?
    This model is located in the Anaplan Centers of Excellence workspace within the Anaplan Centers of Excellence tenant, and all Certified Master Anaplanners are immediately added to the model upon becoming certified.
    If you have questions about how to access this model, please email us directly and we can provide more details or connect you with our support team if needed.
  1. Where can I find more details on each engagement opportunity?
    Descriptions of each engagement opportunities will be stored in the Master Anaplanner Home model. They will include information such as a detailed definition of the engagement opportunity and what its participation entails, how many points you will accrue, and exactly how we track and award credit for participation.

2. How do I sign up for these engagement opportunities?
    Certain engagement opportunities, such as Community blog posts and public speaking opportunities, require advance scheduling and have limited availabilities. They will become available in the Master Anaplanner Home model where you can sign up for the opportunities that you’re interested in. We recommend checking in regularly to find new engagement opportunities throughout the year. Once you show interest, we will follow up with the next steps and get you started.

3. How are you tracking all of this?
    Tracking your efforts involves a two-prong approach. In an effort to be as automated as possible, we will pull all data that is readily available (i.e. # of Community forum replies). For opportunities that aren’t directly tied to a data source, we will know of your contributions based on what you register for in the Master Anaplanner Home model. We will verify that you’ve completed the tasks you signed up for throughout the year.

4. What is the time commitment?
    It’ll take roughly ~15 hours throughout the year to maintain your certification. We understand that some engagement opportunities will take more time and we encourage you to stay engaged with what you’re comfortable with.
  1. What are the mandatory core trainings?
    For this year, Certified Master Anaplanners are required to complete the new Level 1 and Level 2 Model Builder trainings and any additional core Academy trainings that are launched before June 30th, 2020, such as the anticipated launch of L3 (plus additional requirements where communicated separately for Partners).

2. How long will the mandatory training requirements take?
    While we encourage you to take the full training courses for personal development and to best enable your teams, we expect that you can test out of both L1 and L2 which should take approximately 6 hours to complete. Expected timings for future trainings will launch shortly after the release of those new certifications.
  1. I want to get credit for something that’s not listed as an engagement opportunity. How can I see if it qualifies and for how many points?
    The Master Anaplanner Home model will have the ability for you to suggest new engagement opportunities that you’re passionate about. We will then evaluate it on a case-by-case basis and determine if it qualifies for this year’s maintenance requirements and its point value.

2. What else should I look out for?

December 10, 2019: Beta version of the Master Anaplanner Home model is ready

December 13, 2019: Live Q&A Session (recording available to Certified Master Anaplanners by request)

January 2020: Maintenance requirements and full Master Anaplanner Home model go live!

Throughout the Year: You will receive regular updates and reminders on your status

December 2020: Final review of maintenance requirements for 2021 Certified Master Anaplanners

January 2021: Certified Master Anaplanners are notified

1. I want to opt-out of the maintenance requirements and therefore the Master Anaplanner Certification. What’s the process?
    Though we really don’t want to see you go, we understand if you wish to phase out of this certification. There’s no action required on your part and you will maintain your Master Anaplanner Certification until the end of 2020. We will look to provide a transparent and graceful way for you to exit the program.

Last updated on 12/16/2019. Final FAQ will be available in January post-go-live.