How to add constant value to graph? OR UX Chart has multiple data sources?

davargas
New Contributor

How to add constant value to graph? OR UX Chart has multiple data sources?

I am trying to build out a UX dashboard for a module that contains a list of products and imported data that shows how much resources each product uses(the resources is defined by one single number per month). In another module I have a specific line item that contains our total max resources (number). I am trying to create a UX chart that has all the data from module 1 but I want to impose the single line item data from module 2 that shows the resource capacity. So basically I am trying to create a graph that combines the data from two modules Is this possible at all?

6 REPLIES 6
KirillKuznetsov
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @davargas 

No, you cannot connect multiple modules but you can achive the desired by creating additional line item in the source module of the graph.

Regards, Kirill Kuznetsov
Advanced, LLC
davargas
New Contributor

Hey @KirillKuznetsov, thank you for your response. Creating an additional line item still doesn't do the trick for me but I thought of another solution that could work, so long as it exists lol. The source model for the UX page I am building (D03) is dimensioned by Pages: Locations, Resources Groups, Teams, and Version. Columns: Time. Rows: Product Names, and one line item "Slots" which are our resources. In the Product Names list, there are items called CAPACITY that are empty. I was thinking a solution that could work for my case would be to write a formula for "Slots" that essentially does an IF ELSE THEN statement, but the boolean would check the names for each item in Product Names list. I am trying to accomplish something like this:

IF NAME('CAPACITY') THEN 'D02 Planned Capacity'.Corrected Capacity ELSE 'D01 Slot Forecast'.Slots
I feel I am either fairly close or completely far off. Thank you for your help!
ryan_kohn

@davargas Per @KirillKuznetsov's this should be solvable by adding another line item to Module 1 that points to your max capacity from Module 2. Here's an example that I mocked up.

ryan_kohn_0-1658867160390.png

Blueprint for the data module:

ryan_kohn_1-1658867207905.png

Let us know if this approach doesn't work for you.

davargas
New Contributor

Hey @ryan_kohn Thank you for the response. I ended up figuring it out a different way. However, I am stuck on another problem if you would like to give input. See https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Referencing-List-Items-in-Formula/m-p/143214#M3821... for reference

ryan_kohn

@davargas Glad you figured out a solution! Would be great if you could share your solution here so we can all learn from it!

KirillKuznetsov

@ryan_kohn 

thanks for your contribution! I didn't have a chance to implement the example.

@davargasPlease share your solution, very curious!

Regards, Kirill Kuznetsov
Advanced, LLC