All About Talent Builder Guided
Talent Builder Guided is here to guide you on your journey to becoming an Anaplan Certified Model Builder
You’ll join a learning program group for an 8-week journey during which you’ll complete:
While taking these courses, you’ll belong to a Learning Center Course where you can talk to other learners in our forum, ask questions of the experts, read tips and tricks on many of the topics covered in the training, and network with learners and Anaplanners.
Each week, you’ll have dedicated time with Anaplan model builders to ask questions about the learning you’ve done that week, troubleshoot if something has gone wrong, and talk about what to expect in upcoming lessons.
Your Talent Builder Program Manager will check in along the way to make sure you’re successful.
- 4 Cornerstones of successful implementation
- 5 Implementation phases
- Hands-on Practice with manifestos, user stories, managing buckets, testing approaches and deployment plans
Level 1 Model Building (25-35 hours)
- Finance Use Case
- Foundational Anaplan concepts
- Basic model design and building
- Hands-on practice with business requirements, user stories, dimensions, modules, data imports, formulas, UX and security
Level 2 Model Building (30-50 hours)
- Supply Chain Use Case
- Design and build data hub and supply chain model
- Connect models for a true, Connected Planning use case
- Practice advanced model building skills including troubleshooting and complex formulas
Keys to success:
- The three courses will take a total 70 – 100 hours to complete, depending on prior experience
- Dedicate sufficient blocks of time to fully focus on the training
- Keep moving through the content as assigned, stay on track – it will get progressively harder
- Complete all online learning content and all model build activities – both pieces are needed to pass quizzes and exams
- Each learner is expected to successfully complete training individually
- Network with cohort participants and the larger Anaplan Community online
- Get familiar with Anapedia, the Planual and other Community resources – you will need it to troubleshoot model building issues
Talent Builder Guided FAQs
How do I sign up?
- Find out when our next session is and sign up!
- What courses will I complete?
- There are 3 courses required to become a Certified Model Builder: Level 1 Model Building, The Anaplan Way, and Level 2 Model Building. You'll complete The Anaplan Way independently before being admitted into the program. We’ll complete both technical courses during our 8-week program. You can read more about these courses and specific topics here.
- What jobs can I get as a Certified Model Builder?
- Financial Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Model Builder
- Anaplan COE
- Data Analyst
- Consultant/ Anaplan Consultant
- Solution Architect
- Business Ops Analyst
- Customer Care/Support
- Chief Planning Officer
- Who is eligible for the Talent Builder program?
- We accept all interested learners who have completed The Anaplan Way as a prerequisite.
- How many hours/week can I expect to spend on training?
- This depends largely on your experience and how quickly you learn, but typically we see learners spending 6-8 hours/week on Level 1, about 11 hours total for The Anaplan Way, and 8-10 hours/week on Level 2.
- Are meetings mandatory?
- No. We suggest you attend as many office hours sessions as you can.
- Our goal is to help you be successful, and we understand that everyone’s schedules are complicated and full. We offer support between meetings in our forums, provide helpful articles and tips and can work with you if your availability changes during the program.
- What if I miss a deadline?
- We provide soft deadlines for our learners. Soft deadlines lay out the lessons we recommend you do each week in order to finish the program on time. We know learners who stick close to this schedule are successful model builders. But we’re also not going to be too concerned if you’re behind on soft deadlines from time to time.
- Will Anaplan hire me or place me with another company?
- At this time, we don't have a program to connect you to roles, however, we encourage you to be active in Anaplan Community and on our LinkedIn page to make the connections you need to land the job of your dreams.
- A quick search on Indeed yields HUNDREDS of jobs asking for Anaplan skills, and the demand continues to grow. We want you to come join our community of Anaplan model builders and we want to help you do that!
- Is this open to people in all countries or just the US? Are there jobs in other countries?
- Talent Builder is GLOBAL. We have learners from countries in every region. Anaplan is also global! So, while we can’t promise you’ll get your dream job in India, France, Singapore, Australia, or wherever you live, we can say with confidence that you can find Anaplan all around the world.