Before submitting a new idea, start your journey by searching the appropriate area of the Idea Exchange—it may save you time! You may come across a similar idea that’s already active in the Idea Exchange with an up-to-date status, multiple kudos, and maybe even recent comments. Duplicate ideas will be frozen, and the author and all other viewers will be directed to the original idea posting.
If you determine that your idea has not yet been posted, click the New Idea button on the sidebar to draft your new idea.
Submitting your idea is simple, using the New Idea form:
As best practice, be sure to include the following in your idea:
- Idea title: Make this short and concise. Try to use a few words here instead of a full sentence.
- Idea description. This should summarize your idea by using the following sentence: As a [type of user], I want to [have/do something], so that [I receive this benefit]. For example: “As an author of a new idea, I want to have multiple text color options so that I may highlight specific areas of my idea to better separate them from others.”
- Example of enhancement: This should provide suggested solutions or acceptance criteria for your idea using the following sentence: I’ll know this is successful when [specific criteria is met]. For example: “I’ll know this is successful when I am able to change the color of text to something other than the default black when authoring a new idea.”
- Benefit / impact: This should highlight the expected benefit(s) to your business process or user experience if this idea is incorporated. Describe how you are doing things today and the challenges you are facing.
Additional items you may want to include in your idea include:
- A suggested timeframe, deadline, or overall priority level.
- Additional context that better establishes your idea.
- Screenshots, images, short videos, flow charts, and other visual aids.
External examples of this same idea, such as a feature you’ve used elsewhere.
And, don’t forget your tags! Tags help other Anaplan users discover and search for your idea. Not sure which labels to use? Have no fear! Choose the tags(s) that you think best fit your idea, and the Anaplan team will add additional tags as necessary as we review your idea.
Once new ideas have been submitted to the Idea Exchange, they’ll go through a series of Statuses, which are used to indicate what is happening to the new idea:
New: Until our team has been able to review your idea and while initial support is being contributed by other Community members, ideas are labeled as New. During this phase we may request additional information in the comments of your idea
In review: This is used to identify ideas that may need a further explanation for the Community and Anaplan team to better understand what is being suggested. Look for a follow-up in the idea’s comments if this status is present, and be sure to respond if it’s your idea! During this time, the Anaplan team may also be reviewing the idea and determining how this will fit into the future of Anaplan and the Anaplan platform. We can't provide a timeline, but be sure to check back often and subscribe to receive status and comment updates.
On roadmap: Good news! This idea is now on our roadmap. Be sure to check back often and subscribe to receive status and comment updates as we start developing it.
Please note: Roadmap plans are always subject to change. Customers should make their purchase decisions based on features that are already available.
Delivered: We did it! Your idea has become reality and has recently been delivered. Most commonly, delivered ideas will be highlighted in a platform release, but be sure to check the idea comments for a final announcement from the Anaplan team about the idea’s release.
Not planned: Unfortunately, the idea does not fit the current Anaplan roadmap. This may happen for a variety of reasons. The Anaplan team will do their best to inform you and the rest of the Community in the idea's comments as to why it was declined. Thanks again for posting, and be sure to stay active in the Idea Exchange to promote other users' ideas.
Already offered: If the functionality described in your idea already exists, we’ll use this status and let you know more details in the comments.
Anaplan regularly evaluates and prioritizes ideas to incorporate into the product development roadmap, but we are unable to make any commitments as to if, or when, an idea will be developed. We evaluate ideas based on the following criteria and do our best to provide feedback. You may receive feedback on your submission from our Product Management team in the form of status changes and follow-up comments.
Subscribe to Idea Exchange to be notified about new ideas and updates within each categories, and be sure to add your favorites to follow in “My Bookmarks”.