Register

SUM and LOOKUP for Retail

Hi Retail Team!

Here's a handy cheat sheet for how to use SUM and LOOKUP using a retail use-case. I provide the use case and then implement it in Anaplan. I also use D.I.S.C.O using system modules so you get the best practice.

Use Case 1 - Lookup

User Story: SVP of Store Operations wants to provide top down guidance to the district managers on what her expectations are of the comp store's growth for next year. You will need to set each store’s growth initially to her target percentage.

Lookup001.png

How does this look in Anaplan?

Lookup002.png

Use Case 2 - Sum

User Story: As the merchandise analyst, the factory you committed to buying 10,000 Sweaters now needs the size breakout. To start your analysis, you will sum product sales by size.

SUMFunction_001.png

How does this look in Anaplan?

SUMFunction_002.png

About the Author
  • Jared’s passion for retail trace back to his high school days when he sold cinnamon toothpicks to his classmates and when he learned firsthand the concept of inventory management, cost of goods sold and how to make a tidy profit. After being introduced to retail planning solutions as a buyer at Target Stores, he’s been on a personal journey ever since to help retail practitioners reach their potential by using software solutions that effectively enable their processes. Recently named a 2020 Master Anaplanner and Community Boss, Jared provides retailers, wholesalers, and ecommerce planners the rigor, training, and positive thinking needed to help them fully optimize their Anaplan platform. Prior to starting Retailitix, a consultancy focused on Anaplan for the retail industry, Jared was a retail IT executive for Target, Tuesday Morning, Payless, and Ascena.

Labels (4)