Course 305 Content

Occasional Contributor

Course 305 Content

Is there any app in the AppHub that mirrors the model presented in course 305: Hub Model Hierarchy Management?

At least, I would like a copy of the blueprint in the Modules: (Master Hierarchy Build, Role Hierarchy Max Levels) of the SFDC HUB model that’s used to demo the 305 course.

As there are instances where the presenter moves too quick between the Line Items, it is quite difficult to understand what is going on.

Please assist.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager

Re: Course 305 Content

Hi Ramesh,

I do have a model for that.  I will notify you when it is up on App Hub. 

Thanks,

Chris

Message 2 of 11
Occasional Contributor

Hello Chris,

Please let me know when it is up.

I believe it will be very useful for the course viewers.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 11
Occasional Contributor

Hello Chris,

Any update on this?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 11
Community Manager

Hi Ramesh,

Sorry for the delay in response.  We are in the process of updating the course so the model is still in the works.  Do you have any specific questions?  I can see if @rob_marshall can help answer them.

Thanks,

Chris 

Message 5 of 11
Community Boss

Ramesh,

How can I help?

Thanks,

Rob

Message 6 of 11
Community Boss

Here are some step by step instructions:

Step 1: Create a Flat List – this is where the sourced data will be loaded to

• Cost center Flat

Step 2: Create a module to store properties of the flat list.  This will be dimensionalized by the flat list in Step 1.  Within this list, you will have a line item defining the parent of the item in the flat list (this is loaded from the source system).

• Cost Center Properties module 

Step 3: Create a module (dimensionalized by your Flat List) to understand how many children a particular member has.  This module has on line item (formatted to number) and the formula is: 'Cost Center Flat - Properties'.Count[SUM: 'Cost Center Flat - Properties'.'Parent H1']

Step 4: Create a module to build the Hierarchy Lists (in this case, CC Build) and build it in this order

1. Obtain the parents of each member and walk it up the levels (1-9, assuming 9 is the lowest level).
  2. Build the “Ragged” version of the hierarchy
  3. Build the “Balanced” version of the hierarchy
  4. Find the First Occurrences for each level
  5. Build views for each level using the First Occurrence for that level, including the Parent, the Member, and the code of the member.
  6. Create Actions to import into the correct list from the above views (e)
  • CC Build module

Step 5: Rename the actions with appropriate names 

Step 6: Create a process (Build CC Hierarchy) with the actions in the correct order.

Again, I hope this helps.  Also, attached are the blueprints of the moduels.  Please let me know if you have any additional quesitons.

Thanks,

Rob

Occasional Contributor

Hi Rob,

This is Brilliant. 

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi Rob/Chris,

It would be helpful if there is a generic app which can be used to convert flat ragged hierarchy to composite hierarchy. The only difference between ragged hierarchies are LEVELS. If we can define the required LEVELS in the app and load the ragged hierarchy, we should get composite hierarchy generated automatically! Do you think its feasible?

Message 9 of 11
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

Any uodate on this?

Thanks

Message 10 of 11