New Contributor

Level 2 Sprint 3 INV01

Hi, Im working on the formulas for Level 2 Sprint 3 and a couple of things dont make sense to me:

1. The formula for Confirmed PO Delivery give an example "For example, if a PO Submitted has a value in Week 1 and the Shipping Time Weeks has a value of 2, there would be a value of 1 in the Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt line item in Week 3."  Using the Offset formula, this only happens if the offset value is set to a negative amount (-Shipping Time Weeks); if I use a positive amount (Shipping Time Weeks), the offset works in the reverse direction where the Week 3 PO Submitted is Confirmed PO Delivery in Week 1.  This also goes against the verbiage on the Offset formula in Anapedia -- I must be doing something wrong but not sure..

2. The last line of the instructions indicate the formula of Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt = If Confirmed PO Delivery >0 Then Offset (Suggested Order Amount for the Month - Shipping Time Weeks) Else 0.  There should not be a minus sign in the Offset formula, it should be a comma.

Attached screenshots of the items above (#1 in red, #2 in blue in Level 2 INV 01 Formulas file) as well as my module (Level 2 INV 01 Module file).

3. BTW, I couldn't label this as "Level 2" so had to choose "Other" - not sure if there is a way to create a new label...this is my first time posting..

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Level 2 Sprint 3 INV01

Hi @nitirathod 
What offset does is return the source value from a specific number of periods before or after the current period. 

A purchase order submitted in week 1 should reach in week 3(due to 2 weeks of shipping time), what you really want to see is week 1's value in week 3. So if you think of it, for week 3, you want value from week 1 i.e. you want to offset the value '-Shipping Time'. 

If you make it a positive 2, you are asking to pull value in week 3 from week 5. 

Let me know if this makes sense.

For the item marked in blue, I think you are right. It should be , 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @ankit_cheeni Thanks for the reply!

Regarding #1, I think I was confused about offsetting the source vs target line item -- so Offsetting Week 5 'Confirmed PO Delivery' to Week 3 'PO Submittted' (and not Offsetting Week 3 'PO Submitted' Week 3 to Week 1 'Confirmed PO Delivery') if that makes sense!

Regarding #2, hopefully the Academy updates the verbiage.  TBH, the formula pop-up for those 4 line items could be made more clear.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Initially, I was using 'OFFSET(PO Submitted, -Shipping Time Weeks, 0)' as my formula for the Confirmed PO Delivery line item. This worked well until I got further along in the training and was required to add the ability to override shipping method to the module. I added the necessary line items and updated my formula to 'OFFSET(PO Submitted, -Final Shipping Time Weeks, 0),' but after doing this, the Confirmed PO Delivery and Confirm Purchase Order Receipt line items return 0 for all weeks. What changes do I need to make to my formula to offset based on the Finial Shipping Time Weeks line item?