Time Settings

ClarenceAndre
Regular Contributor

Time Settings

Hi,

With respect to the L2MB training, am trying to get some advice on how one does this: "Do not include half-year or full year summaries, unless all months that are included in those periods are selected. For example, do not show H1 FY20, unless all the months included in H1 FY20 are selected."

This is to be done within SYS01 Time Settings by Week module.

Does the solution require a formula or is just a matter of changing settings?

Kind regards,

Clarence

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

Re: Time Settings

@ClarenceAndre 

Hehe. Sorry this is so frustrating.

Let's try this.

• In SYS00 there should be a Line Item that is Boolean formatted and is editable. This will serve as the months you want in your planning view. 
  • In SYS01 there is a Boolean line item that references the line item in SYS00 using the MONTHVALUE function. This will set the BOOLEAN to true for only the weeks that fall within the Months you selected in SYS00
  • On the New UX page use the line item from SYS01 to filter your weeks.

For reference, you can see the blueprint in the screenshots I provided above.

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

JaredDolich

@ClarenceAndre 

Oh, and more thing. Don't forget to set your summary for SYS01 line item to "ALL"

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
JaredDolich

@ClarenceAndre 

Great question. Here's a hint. Instead of using the time settings can you think of a summary method for a line item that allows you to solve that use case?

https://help.anaplan.com/en/9ab4e05a-1748-4027-babe-525d5bdd5b22-Summary-Method#SpecifySummMethod

Jared Dolich
ClarenceAndre
Regular Contributor

Thanks @JaredDolich for the hint. Let me explore that idea a bit.

Kind regards,

Clarence

JaredDolich

@ClarenceAndre 

Check out the Summary methods for Booleans. 

Jared Dolich
filip.sypniewski
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi @ClarenceAndre,

try to leverage Summary Settings of Line Items. It is good to keep in mind different summary methods which can help you to achieve such things very quickly and easily. 

ClarenceAndre
Regular Contributor

Dear @filip.sypniewski @JaredDolich 

Thank you both. I've followed the training instructions and tips diligently including Summary Methods so doubt that's the issue.

I hope the screenshot of my UX is visible below. I am able to select both Jan and Feb 20 but the grid below is not refreshing so that it shows only the selected months and corresponding weeks which is what I would expect.

Also the Override Method is showing 'Air' when I've unchecked the Override Shipping Method?

What could be the issues?

Kind regards,   

ClarenceA_0-1613574467416.png

JaredDolich

@ClarenceAndre Everything looks good.

If you want the override method to be invisible if override is not checked then you'll need to control that with DCA.

INV01.png

INV02.png

Jared Dolich
ClarenceAndre
Regular Contributor

Hi @JaredDolich 

Not sure if I understand correctly.

By "If you want the override method to be invisible" do you mean to turn off the weeks I don't want e.g. if I had only selected Jan and Feb 20 only these two months and their corresponding weeks should be showing?

And the way you do this is via DCA?

I have DCA on but only for 3 line items i.e. Submit Purchase Order Request?, Override Suggested Order Amount? and Override Shipping Method?

In your screenshot I noticed you had it on many other line items - why?

Will having DCA on every single line item in the UX insure only the periods selected are shown?

Kind regards,

Clarence 

JaredDolich

@ClarenceAndre 

With DCA you can make a cell read only, write (editable), or invisible. In this case, when the override Boolean is FALSE, we want override shipping method to be invisible, so we add a DCA driver on the Write or the Line Item. When  you click on the override boolean, then we want the override shipping method to be visible and editable.

Not sure if you can see it but the driver for other line items are different. That's why there's more than one.

Jared Dolich
ClarenceAndre
Regular Contributor

Hi @JaredDolich 

I really appreciate your replies. I understand the general points on DCA.

On the specifics to my question I'm either not getting you or the question is not clear enough.

My question is what do I need to do to show only months and corresponding weeks selected in the UX.

Kind regards,

Clarence