Anaplan REST API with Cert Access: Connect to different Models

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anaplan REST API with Cert Access: Connect to different Models

I assume you are importing data from a Model in a different Workspace

Source Data:  Workspace A | Model B

You must do the following:

1. Ensure the integration account has the proper access on Model B to access the data
  2. You must DISABLE SSO (uncheck the SSO box) in Model A  (the source)
    1. Disabling SSO is a big deal w/r/t to security so ensure you integration account ID and Pass or Certs are fully secure

I recommend you use a dedicated access Account for API access so there are clear segregation of duties (give this account only the access it needs and not FULL ACCESS). As noted above, you will want to ensure the credentials are secure since there is a possibility they can be used to access Access off prem

See the post from @Stacey_Gibbens  in this thread.

Lastly, we had a conversation with Anaplan last week and we were informed they are working to address this config

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi @damianshameer2 

1. Are you able using batch@mycompany.com  user to connect normally in Anaplan and successfully launch the import action from the Target model?

2. I am a beginner in using CA Certificate, but as per my knowledge, the CA Certificate is associated to an e-mail address. Is this e-mail address the same as batch@mycompany.com

Highlighted

@damianshameer2 

I'm just following this conversation - I'm not an integration expert - and had three "shot in the dark" ideas:

- Not sure if this is necessary or not, but I couldn't tell if your system ID in the target workspace is set as a workspace admin.

- You are using selective access on that list and wondered if in the target the system ID is set similarly.

- Lastly, the system ID in the target won't need a pwd (since you're using the cert) but it will need network access to the source of the file you're importing.

Just some ideas. Anxious to see the solution.

Jared Dolich
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for replying.

- Not sure if this is necessary or not, but I couldn't tell if your system ID in the target workspace is set as a workspace admin.

Yes, integration account is a workspace admin in both target and source workspaces

- You are using selective access on that list and wondered if in the target the system ID is set similarly.

There is no selective access on the Source Workspace. 

image.png

- Lastly, the system ID in the target won't need a pwd (since you're using the cert) but it will need network access to the source of the file you're importing.

Not an issue since i am trying to import from a List and not a source file. 

So basically, I have loaded my data to the the Data Hub, our central data Repo. I have uploaded the file successfully to the Anaplan Server. I have triggered a process to load my file into the required structure in the Data Hub.

Now I need to pull this data into other workspaces hence the cross workspace import 

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi All

Today was the first time I tried to import Model to Model (different workspace) using Anaplan Connect and encountered the error described in this thread.

The solution was of course to remove the SSO, but I believe this is a temporary work around.

Any update from Anaplan team on trying to address this issue?

Thanks

Kudi

Highlighted
Community Boss

The next core release will allow imports across workspaces regardless of SSO status using the API when authenticated using a CA certificate.

Highlighted

@ben_speight Is that just across workspaces or will that work for all API calls  i.e., SSO can be on or off.

Also, does this mean I can "push" data to a model?

Jared Dolich
Highlighted
Community Boss

The change in behavior applies specifically to running cross-workspace imports via the 2.0 API authenticating with a CA-signed certificate, and should reflect the access currently applied to other API requests bearing that certificate. Imports remain "pull" ie executed on the target model.