Collapse / Expand Hierarchy Functionality in Modules and UX Grids

AngrySiberianBear
Contributor

Collapse / Expand Hierarchy Functionality in Modules and UX Grids

Hi everyone!

Is there a way to Collapse / Expand hierarchies like you can do in Excel with Grouping functionality (Data -> Group)? I understand that there is an option to have two synchronized grids in UX but I'm looking more into something Excel-like way for this type of action both in UX and in Modules

5 REPLIES 5
nikolay_denisov
Certified Master Anaplanner

No, I believe Excel collapsing and grouping not available (yet?)

But search is working pretty good on a grids, so it might be something that you could do via search by specific word, likewise add level of hierarchy.

Also I would suggest to you one more option as a workaround: to set-up a filter which will unhide specific category by marking checkbox on a parent level. what do you think?

AngrySiberianBear
Contributor

@nikolay_denisov, hi.

1. Searching is not a solution as it allows just finding the right line while the solution that I'm looking for is to give proper drill-down / aggregation functionality for the report (like in SAP or Oracle)
2. For filter you have to create additional systems module which is not actually User-friendly
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@AngrySiberianBear 

Sadly No.

but I have seen the feature developed in an Anaplan internal meeting so I believe it’s coming. 
maybe if we add the request to the Idea Exchange and ranked high we get it faster. 

i doubt the idea is not already listed, it’s such a common and useful feature 

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Perfect 👍
I did. we'll socialize the idea with people I know.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for