Hide/Filter Blank Row in my Moudle

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hide/Filter Blank Row in my Moudle

Thanks @JaredDolich for replying back. I tried the same module in our test environment but has no luck to make the final boolean show the correct filter. Please help check.

tompatrickting_4-1592323377651.png

tompatrickting_5-1592323408072.png

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@tompatrickting 

Try changing your "Non Blank Rank" formula to this:

IF Is Non Blank? THEN RANK(New Order, ASCENDING, SEQUENTIAL, TRUE, Group By) ELSE 1

The problem is that your blank count is exceeding your non-blank count so the max rank is too high.

The change in the formula will force the blanks to be a 1 so it can never exceed the non-blanks.

As you can see, the change works:

Occasions002.png

Jared Dolich
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for helping @JaredDolich ! This one works.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @JaredDolich ,

Just tested the blank in the middle of the list and the Final boolean still has still TRUE value because the Max Rank is higher than the Occasional rank. Please assist.

tompatrickting_0-1592361065760.png

Thanks,

Tom

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@tompatrickting 

Ok, I think I've got it this time. Had to change a few formulas and really think about all the permutations.

See if this does the trick.

Here I tested a situation where there are more blanks than non-blanks (I also tested the opposite) and we get their right result.

Occasions003.png

Note the changes to the formulas.

The final Boolean should probably be split into two line items to meet the PLANS methodology but I felt it was easy to understand so I combined it.

There are two conditions:

- If the list item is non-blank then TRUE

- If the list item is after the last non-blank then TRUE.

Occasions004.png

Take note of the summary. Turn them all off except for the blank rank which we need as "MAX".

Also, it's generally not a good idea to have subsidiary views (Max Blank Rank) but again I felt this line item was fine here. You could move that to a separate module.

Occasions005.png

Jared Dolich