I have problem in importing data again.
Could you tell me how to map data Sub-Regions under Regions?
For example NOAM > US North > Anderson, Janet
Kindly see what is expected and what it is now in my screen.
thanks in advance.
<<What is expected>>
<<This is my screen now>>
Can you include a screenshot of the file you are importing. It looks like the parent mapping for people is on the wrong column - Region instead of sub region
Thanks for your quick response.
This is what I want to import.
You will need to create the lists for Regions and Sub-Regions before importing the Reps
1. Create the Regions list mapping Region as Name and Geo as parent
2. Create the Sub Regions list mapping Sub-Region as Name and Region as parent
3. Create the Reps list mapping Sales Rep as Name, Rep Code as Code, and Sub Region as parent
Also, a couple of Best Practice points
1. if you can try and get additional columns for codes for the Geos, Regions, Sub Regions
2. Also, the naming convention should be x1 Geos, x2 Regions, x3 Sub Regions, x4 Sales Rep. The x could be G to signify a Geographic hierarchy or S for Sales Rep
I hope this helps
"1. Create the Regions list mapping Region as Name and Geo as parent" do you mean this when "insert into general list" or "import excel file into region list"?
He meant it while importing the file into the Region list. But for this to work, you should already have the Region List created with Geo as the parent & Geo list should have been already populated with its list members like NOAM, EMEA, APJ, etc.
Thank you all!
I tried along your kind advice.
again, I encountered another error.
>2. Create the Sub Regions list mapping Sub-Region as Name and Region as parent
I tried this. But "New York" isn't under "US East".
Any help is appreciated.
this is a screenshot for my importing screen.
As you can see, sub region for name, and region for parent are mapped.