Identifying REAL First/Last Month Monday Dates

SirValdemar
edited November 2022 in Modeling

Hello everyone,

Please see the picture enclosed.

I am trying to get Anaplan to identify the first and last Monday-dates of a given month, but I keep getting the wrong results due to the native calendar setup. Can anyone help me with a workaround? Maybe through convertering it into text and then into values and then setting the min/max and then convertering it back again? I keep hitting the wall.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @SirValdemar,

It works perfectly fine for me, My native time calendar is

ManjunathKN_0-1669633913634.png

ManjunathKN_1-1669633947137.png

ManjunathKN_2-1669633974779.png
    you can keep the module timescale to Day only, If you keep it to month, the line items are in subsidiary views which impacts the performance. if you want to see only months then put a filter from system module.

now, what is your model timescale?

Thanks,
    Manjunath

Answers

• SirValdemar
    edited November 2022

Thanks ManjunathKN,

Really appreciate it )

Unfortunately I need to ensure the weeks are ISO8601 aligned, and have only been able to do so with the enclosed image of the time-configuration. But it would certainly be handly I could for this module or line item only dictate that it should use the general calendar setup.

Is it possible to get the same results you have with my calendar setup you reckon?

• ManjunathKN
    edited November 2022

@SirValdemar ,

I dont think we can bring it into 4-4-5 configuration(without heavy calc). can you create a module with native month time scale and do this calculation there and bring it into 4-4-5 config module using Monthvalue formula. didnt test this, let me know if you dont get results.

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• SirValdemar
    edited November 2022

@ManjunathKN

I believe that will give me the same challenge as posted initially; or maybe I am misunderstanding?

• SirValdemar
    edited November 2022

For anyone else having this issue.

Solved by setting up an entirely new model that runs Calendar Months/Years in the TimeConfig. Then created a module in there and did as @ManjunathKN did. Then import the results from this module into your 4-4-5 calendar (or which ever one you use).