Import is not working with saved view contains 6 dimensions or Lists

Options
Suman Reddy
edited December 2022 in Modeling

Hi,

I am trying to copy the one line item data to another line item within same module by using an import action from saved view(Source) to module(Target) and it is not working in expected way.. Module and saved view have 6 dimensions or lists, due to this i could not bring all these lists into Rows section of pivot option of saved view.

Have every tried any import actions with saved view which contains more than 3 dimensions? Please provide your thoughts on this issue.

Thanks,

Suman.

Answers

• Misbah
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Suman Reddy 

Why do you need to keep all of the dimensions in Rows? Any specific reason?

Misbah
    Miz Logix

• Suman Reddy
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Misbah 

There is no specific reason to keep all the dimensions in rows, i usually  keep all dimensions in rows to filter the data properly in saved view.  My main question about have you ever tried to create a saved view with 6 dimensions and it does not mater where we are keep them(either in rows or columns or pages)?. If yes, did it work properly for an import action?

Suman.

• Misbah
    edited December 2022
    Options

@Suman Reddy 

Yes it will work and it should work. I don't think there is any restriction on the number of dimensions.

Misbah

Miz Logix

• Kanishq17
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi @Suman Reddy 

What is the issue you are facing?

• Hi @Kanishq17 

I am facing following two important issues.

1. I see results are copied into all cells in target module instead of copying into mapping items in import action.

2. Some times totals and some other times incorrect values are copying into target cells.

Suman.