New Contributor

Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi,

While adding formulas to the line items in EMP02 Employee Expenses we were asked to enter the below mentioned formula 

BonusIF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP01 Employee Drivers'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 0

but it's throwing an error "Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result."

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

@rahulharjai 

It is a clear mapping issue. I don't think you should multiply it with the Bonus % of Emp 01 Module instead bring it from Emp 03 Module. You can verify that by checking your dimensions of the the two modules. Your formula should be like

IF Employed? Then Salary * 'EMP 03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus%[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

Hope that helps

Misbah

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi @Misbah,

Thank you for your prompt response.

We don't have EMP03 Module 'Employee Drivers by Role' in our Model. I tried this mentioned formula and that's why received an error for EMP03 "not a recognized line Item or list member".

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
Highlighted

@rahulharjai 

My bad. I think I jumped the gun. You will have to go step by step

Dimensions of Emp 01 module - Country and Department .

Dimensions of Emp 02 module - Only Employee (It is a Child of Department, Use lookup to bring values from Department to Employees You also have Country as a property of Employee(Another lookup)

Dimensions of Emp 03 module - Department and Role (you might have to build it later probably)

Your formula should be 

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP01 Employee Drivers'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 0

Make sure you refer the line items while building the formula and avoid writing the names of line items manually.

Hope that helps

Misbah

Highlighted

Hi @rahulharjai 

I believe there is a mistake in the instructions.

I training someone recently with this same issue.

The formula should be the following:

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

The country look up does not apply here. 

I hope this helps,

Usman

Highlighted
New Contributor

HI @usman.zia,

Thank you for your prompt response. Yeah It seems to be a mistake in the instructions.

But We don't have EMP03 Module 'Employee Drivers by Role' in our Model. I tried this mentioned formula and that's why received an error for EMP03 "not a recognized line Item or list member".

Please suggest the steps to create this EMP03 Role module first in order to rectify this . Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Usman,
I tried this formula IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0 but it says the below:

Invalid formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus: Automatic sum of 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % over Role hierarchy is not possible as Role does not have a built-in top level

Can you please help?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Usman, 

I got confused reading the conversation about the tips to solve the Level 1 certification. 

When updating the formulas of EMP02 (Bonus & costs of car, phone and medical), the following message pops up : 

Invalid formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus: Automatic sum of 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % over Role hierarchy is not possible as Role does not have a built-in top level
May you help ? 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I had typed the same formula, but got this error message:

Invalid formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus: Automatic sum of 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % over E3 Role hierarchy is not possible as E3 Role does not have a built-in top level

Any advice?

Thank you!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Misbah,

Thank you !
I had checked it for the same while building the formula and referred the line items but with no luck on this issue.

Thanks & Regards