Highlighted
New Contributor

Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi,

While adding formulas to the line items in EMP02 Employee Expenses we were asked to enter the below mentioned formula 

BonusIF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP01 Employee Drivers'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 0

but it's throwing an error "Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result."

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Community Boss

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

@rahulharjai 

It is a clear mapping issue. I don't think you should multiply it with the Bonus % of Emp 01 Module instead bring it from Emp 03 Module. You can verify that by checking your dimensions of the the two modules. Your formula should be like

IF Employed? Then Salary * 'EMP 03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus%[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

Hope that helps

Misbah

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi @Misbah,

Thank you for your prompt response.

We don't have EMP03 Module 'Employee Drivers by Role' in our Model. I tried this mentioned formula and that's why received an error for EMP03 "not a recognized line Item or list member".

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Community Boss

@rahulharjai 

My bad. I think I jumped the gun. You will have to go step by step

Dimensions of Emp 01 module - Country and Department .

Dimensions of Emp 02 module - Only Employee (It is a Child of Department, Use lookup to bring values from Department to Employees You also have Country as a property of Employee(Another lookup)

Dimensions of Emp 03 module - Department and Role (you might have to build it later probably)

Your formula should be 

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP01 Employee Drivers'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 0

Make sure you refer the line items while building the formula and avoid writing the names of line items manually.

Hope that helps

Misbah

Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi @rahulharjai 

I believe there is a mistake in the instructions.

I training someone recently with this same issue.

The formula should be the following:

IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

The country look up does not apply here. 

I hope this helps,

Usman

Highlighted
New Contributor

HI @usman.zia,

Thank you for your prompt response. Yeah It seems to be a mistake in the instructions.

But We don't have EMP03 Module 'Employee Drivers by Role' in our Model. I tried this mentioned formula and that's why received an error for EMP03 "not a recognized line Item or list member".

Please suggest the steps to create this EMP03 Role module first in order to rectify this . Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Misbah,

Thank you !
I had checked it for the same while building the formula and referred the line items but with no luck on this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Misbah,

Hi @Misbah,

Just a thought I want to share :
can we create a department & Country line item in EMP02 Module itself and assign format as list E1 Department & G2 Country and make them available in EMP02 module itself and then refer them directly in formula from EMP02.
Need your expert opinion on this & please suggest some other suggestion.
Thanks & Regards
Highlighted
Community Boss

@rahulharjai 

I still am not convinced that the formula didn't work - it has to work given the dimensions are correct.

To answer you question -You can do that but I wouldn't recommend you do that because it goes against DISCO (simply put best practices) Also you already have a connection between Employee, Department and Country, there is no need to have these line items in the module

Can you please post screenshots of your target module & formatting of your mappings. I place my bet on the mappings.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Misbah,

Please find the attached screenshots of Modules and format of mappings.
Regarding the query : Thank you for valuable inputs ! will take into consideration.
Thanks