Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi @Misbah,

Hi @Misbah,

Just a thought I want to share :
can we create a department & Country line item in EMP02 Module itself and assign format as list E1 Department & G2 Country and make them available in EMP02 module itself and then refer them directly in formula from EMP02.
Need your expert opinion on this & please suggest some other suggestion.
Thanks & Regards
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

@rahulharjai 

I still am not convinced that the formula didn't work - it has to work given the dimensions are correct.

To answer you question -You can do that but I wouldn't recommend you do that because it goes against DISCO (simply put best practices) Also you already have a connection between Employee, Department and Country, there is no need to have these line items in the module

Can you please post screenshots of your target module & formatting of your mappings. I place my bet on the mappings.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Misbah,

Please find the attached screenshots of Modules and format of mappings.
Regarding the query : Thank you for valuable inputs ! will take into consideration.
Thanks

Highlighted

@rahulharjai 

Can you please confirm what are the dimensions of Emp 02 module as it is not visible in the last screenshot

Misbah

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I am having the same issue the formula is simple, I just move the focus to EMP03 I am receiving the following error:

invalid formula: Roles hierarchy is not possible as Roles does not have a built-in top level 

To overcome this, I have named the top level All Departments as per E1 Departments

However, now I have a data type mismatch: format other than LIST or DATE being referenced as a relation.

EMP02 Formats

Roles within SYS08 format text

Department within SYS08 List E1

Can you advise, I believe the error is within the top level?

Really Appreciated

Kind Regards

Jo

Highlighted

Hi @rahulharjai @Joruss75 

I believe there are steps missing in the instructions or they are not in the correct order.

You have to think about what you want to achieve and whether it makes sense. 

There is a data file that contain the relationship of both roles and departments.

This is what is required to create the module EMP.03 Employee Drivers by Role.

This will contain 4 line items:

Bonus %

Car Allowance

Phone Allowance

Medical Benefit 

This module is only used to store data / assumptions therefore requires an import of the data to be made and nothing else.

This module is not dimensioned by time either.

Then in the module SYS.08 Employee Details there are the relationships required to make the lookups for role and department. 

This is because the module EMP.02 Employee Expenses is dimensioned by the subset of active employees and the source data is stored in a module dimensioned by role and department.

SYS.08 Employee Details contains the relationships required to bring in the data into EMP.02 which are lookups on Department and Role.

Hence the formulas for:

Bonus - IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

Car costs - IF Employed? THEN 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Car Allowance[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

Phone costs - IF Employed? THEN 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Phone Allowance[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

Medical costs -  IF Employed? THEN 'EMP03 Employee Drivers By Role'.Medical Benefit[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0

To know you've done it correctly in EMP.02 for Sindy Wager here bonus in FY20 should be 6210.

I hope this is clear and if you have anymore questions please do let me know. 

Thanks,

Usman

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey Usman,

Thank you, my lookups are working now, brilliant, my data type was incorrect.

Apologies I am working on the next section REP04 Employee Expense Summary, I have set up the module, no worries, I am struggling with the formula, if I were calculating within excel I would opt for a SUMIF, which within Anaplan is a SUM function. I am trying to complete this using SYS08, is this the correct approach:

Joruss75_0-1576512954059.png

Do I need to create a sub model as per EMP03 and EMP02 to complete a SUMIF from SYS08 Data?

Really Appreciated

Kind Regards

Jo

Highlighted

@Joruss75 

Yes you will have to build it out from SYS08 module and Emp 02 module by using SUM function.

Like for example 

Rep 04 Emp Exp.Salary = 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region]

Hope that helps

Misbah

Highlighted

Hi @Joruss75 

For the module REP04 the modules dimensions (lists) are G1 region and role.

Therefore you need to sum on the region and the role and pick up the values from EMP02 Employee Expenses

An example formula for the salary would be:

'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]

Here we use SUM instead of LOOKUP because we are aggreagting on the dimensions.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Usman

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Usman,

Thank you, I believe that is working now?

Joruss75_0-1576573910604.png

Kind Regards

Jo