Multiple Modules with same Line Items

Hello anaplan community, i try to build my first planning model. Today i am stuck in the following situation and i am not sure if its me using anaplan wrong.

• 3 Planning level (C-Level Planning / top-down; Product Planning; Sales Planning)
  • The first level only plans three values of my Planning-Chain (x+y+z = Value) all just in a time dimension
  • The second and third level plans all values of my Planning-Chain (x+a+y+b+z+c = Value); The product planning plans everything in the time and product dimension; The sales planning everything in time, product and channel dimension
  • I build 3 modules to insert the data (The second and third module has exact the same line items)
  • A summary plan module should display all results just with the time dimension. (With the same line items like the second and third insert module.)
  • A deviation between the three plan modules (With the same line items like the second and third insert module.)

I am currently copying formulas accross modules and its growing to a mess. Is there any better way to handle my problem? Thanks so much in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• harish_bk
    Answer ✓
    Hi Moritz

Rather than having multiple modules Just have one modules with three kinds of scenarios
    1) Scenario 1 just try to use time dimension and open in subsidiary view to submit your values
    2) Scenario 2 will have all the lists of main module (Time, Product, Channel)
    3) Scenario 3 will have all the lists of main module (Time, Product, Channel)

You can just see the deviations in this module at total level or just create one more module with time dimesnion and pull in the data

Answers

• Hi Moritz!

For this type of question, I would suggest taking advantage of our Guru Station. Some one-on-one time with an Anaplan expert might be what you need. Take a look at the information here, and see if it makes sense for you.

Good luck and happy Anaplanning!
    Emily