I am struggling with the beginning inventory formula. I feel confident with the later part of the formula but I don't see how I am going to rule out that it is the first week of the year. Should I add a line item to my module?
Hello @LStinsa You can programmatically determine the first period in your model (and the last period too). While there isn't a specific function to directly return this value, you can use a time series functionSome of the time series functions include a fill value parameter, which is basically a value the model builder specifies and expects it to be returned in case we reach the boundaries of the model timeline i.e. a period outside of the model's time range. For example, you specify the fill value to -1 or 999 or any other value that you wouldn't get as a result of the function and compare.IF time series function(x,y, -1) = 999 THEN you know you reached the "edges" of your model timeline.I left the exact function to use vague because:1. There is more than 1 that could be used, based on the situation.2. I'd like you to look at the time series functions in the link above and try to figure it out.However, if you still need help, please let me know and I'll walk you through it.
@LStinsa
Einas basically teaches you how to fish so that you feed yourself for the rest of your life. Right, Einas!
See if this post can help you Solved: Level 2 Sprint 3 INV01 - Not 1st week of Timescale... - Anaplan Community
Did you go thru this part of the post. @einas.ibrahim Do you want to give a shot and explain it better
@Misbah You are much better than me when it comes to finding past posts. Thank you
@Misbah @einas.ibrahim
Sorry for not responding sooner. I really appreciate you helping me but I still don't understand how you got to that answer. I hate to beat this to death but I really do want to understand the concept. Thank you for pointing me to the timescale options. Based on what I read, I see how I can use LEAD, NEXT, OFFSET as options. But when I read through the example OFFSET(x,n,z) I still don't understand how you got to OFFSET (1,-1,0)=0. I thought I understood how to use it based on the build we did in Sprint 2, but apparently not.
Thank you for the explanation! That helped a lot. It makes everything clearer.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…