List Update Behavior - Manually Add an Element vs Import the Element
I have noticed a behavior on the list updates and I am not sure if this is normal, or is it something I am doing wrong.
I have the S2 Supplier list that is updated by users, based on a module, where they enter the name of the supplier and the parent. Next an import action is run to update the S2 Supplier list based on the module.
What I noticed is that if the parent and supplier are identical in the module, then the lines are ignored.
But, if the update is done manually in the list, and I add a supplier with the same name of the parent, it works without any problem.
How is this possible? Am I missing anything?
@rvoiculet: As strange as it looks, this is the default Anaplan behavior: Adding by using an import action an exact element name/code as an existing element from the Parent hierarchy will always return an error or it will be ignored.
The same operation, if done manually, will be accepted by Anaplan.
I am not aware of why, but I can confirm that this is how it is the current behavior.
The easiest way would be to avoid the possibility to have exact names/codes between Parent Hierarchy and Child Hierarchy. One way would be to concatenate to all the Parent hierarchy elements some prefix/sufix (all elements from "S1 Supplier" to be concatenated with "S1_"). This will ensure that the Parent and Child hierarchy will never have the same elements.
If not possible to be avoided, as @Akhtar.shahbaz: it is needed to be found workarounds. One workaround to achieve having the same Name in "S2 Supplier" and "S1 Supplier" is by doing it in 2 steps:
1. Import action to add the element in "S2 Supplier" by concatenating the prefix "S2_"
2. Create another import action that removes the prefix "S2_" from Step 1 from the "S2 Supplier" elements.
Hope it helps
Hi @rvoiculet ,
I have provided a workaround of the similar problem earlier so you can refer to below link which may help you
Thank you for your answers, I was more curious if this is the expected behavior, as yes, I am adding a suffix while creating the element via import. But I did not understand how adding it manually it works.0