Optimizer General Constraints

Hello All,

I'm working on developing my current model with the Optimizer to add some levels of complexity. I am looking to use a General constraint (OR), does the Anaplan integration of the Optimizer support this? For Example I wish to constrain to a zero value OR a value above the minimum.

Working:

'OPT04 Variables'.'VAR01 Production Quantity' >= 'OPT01 Unit Demand'.Minimum Batch Size

Not Working:

'OPT04 Variables'.'VAR01 Production Quantity' >= 'OPT01 Unit Demand'.Minimum Batch Size OR 'OPT04 Variables'.'VAR01 Production Quantity' = 0

The optimizer doesn't detail the reason for a fail, so I'm not sure on the cause.

Tagged:

Answers

• kennethouston
    edited August 18

Hello @ geometry dash lite, I think in the working formulation, M is a large constant that you choose such that if 'VAR01 Production Quantity' is greater than zero, the second constraint will not bind. Essentially, this approach enforces that 'VAR01 Production Quantity' must be greater than or equal to the minimum batch size unless it equals zero. By setting up such a formulation, you effectively incorporate the logic of an OR condition within the constraints in a way that aligns with linear programming principles.