Action Logs Not Capturing List Formatted Line Item Copy Across Changes

Hi Community,

My query is more from a workflow management perspective. I will try to explain my case below :

1) I created 2 test modules both with same structure of dimension and list formatted line items.

2) The idea is that one module will act as a clearance module, i.e., will clear the line item values in the Target module.

3) My module looks like this (a simple setup) :

JaySinghV_0-1635455782500.png

4) Now, I import my values from a copy module with blanks (same list formatted line items). The actions runs smoothly and the changes occur and I have blanks in Target module above.

PFB, a screenshot : 

JaySinghV_1-1635455868260.png

Ideally, Action logs do capture changes made to a number formatted or a Boolean formatted line item under categories of updated, ignore & failed but in this case they do not.

History logs do not capture that as usual. They simply display the bulk data change prompt and I think this is a known case when an action runs for bulk import etc. PFB, a screenshot for your reference :

JaySinghV_4-1635456172759.png

Even cell history piece only captures the bulk data change and flags it as same and displays the changes as blank. Although, I wish that it displayed the previous value vs new value. 

JaySinghV_5-1635456235969.png

My thought is that why is it not capturing the changes (especially Action logs) for changes done to List formatted Line Item when they are made blanks - under updated, ignored or failed?

PS: Some mechanism which shows previous value as X vs white space against the same entry change will be helpful from history logs perspective.

Am I missing something here? 🤔

Kind Regards,

Jay

Answers

• @Lastochka 

No, I don't think you are missing anything. Logs do not provide New vs Previous when it is a bulk update. Ideally it should capture . I would say raise a ticket, get this analyzed.

Misbah