Select Function

Hi Community,

I am trying to use select function with an list member, but it is not working at all. Is there anything that i need to enable as a part of setting?

Thanks & Regards

Badam

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @Badam ,

As per best practice, don't select any list item directly in your formula instead you can do lookup.

Create one System Lookup module without any dimension. add line item & format of the line item should be your list & then you can do lookup at your formula.

Thanks

Akhtar

• And of course the only exceptions to this are versions, generic time settings such as all periods and top-level items in list per planual item 2.02-14

• Hi @andrewtye 

Even in case of versions also it is not allowing me to select using clicks. I had to enter VERSIONS.Actual.

Any particular reason for that?

• Hi @Badam 

Oh, I see what you mean now. Looks like in the Classic Model Experience you couldn't do click on the versions when using select, but you could for list items - which you now can't in NMX.

Wonder if this is something deliberate in the back-end to prevent it from happening.

@ChrisM : could you shed some light on it or should this be a support ticket?

• Hi everyone,

Thanks for raising this issue. Unfortunately there is a known problem at the moment that is described here: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Known-Issues-and-Workarounds/Unable-to-select-List-or-List-properties-when-using-formula/td-p/125706

We hope to resolve this in a future release.

Thanks,

Chris