Is there a limit for parallel processes

Hi Community members,

I am using Anaplan Connect v2.0 to import/export data in Anaplan. I would like to understand whether Anaplan allows multiple processes to run at the same time, or is there is any limit that it can run only one or a few at any given point of time?

Any documentation link which I can refer for it, will be helpful as well.

Thanks,

HB

Best Answer

• M.Kierepka
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hi,

Technically, you can run multiple processes at once, but individual actions executed as parts of these processes always execute one by one. I think this page might be helpful to understand it: https://help.anaplan.com/c01dd9ae-2390-4623-87bd-60b208a84f23-Processes

Generally, Anaplan processes all incoming data transaction-by-transaction, so you can't have two imports/inputs running at the same time – if you start them at the same time, Anaplan will execute the one that arrived first, and queue the second one. However, multiple users can read at the same time (or read during someone else is running an export action).

Answers

• KaveengaWijayasekara
    edited November 2022

Hi @M.Kierepka,
    Lets say there is one file for each of the 12 months. Is there a way to load all 12 months in parallel to a model? Thanks in advance. 

Kavee

• M.Kierepka
    edited November 2022

Hi @KaveengaWijayasekara,

Well, why not just make a file in a format that can support loading multiple months? If not, and you want to load 12 months, you can do it by restarting the same process 12 times, just with 12 different files. I'd ask, why you want to do it in parallel?

• If you want to speed up the workflow, probably your network speed is the bottleneck, as Anaplan should process all 12 files really quickly. So even if you would upload 12 different files in parallel, they will take the same time to upload, and Anaplan will process them sequentially anyway.
    • If you want your users to not see/use the partial data when the load is in progress, you can always take the model offline (even using ALM API) or use Data Hub for staging upload, and then load all months in one go to main model.

Also, next time, I advise starting a new thread if you want to ask a question that is not exactly related to the original question.