There should be a function to convert Date to Text -- call it TEXTDATE(x)
That would be great if there was a TEXTDATE(x) function.
There is a way around it that includes concatenating text fields based on the DAY(), MONTH(), and YEAR() of a particular date.
I will demonstrate by using the day function, only to show an array of dates with multiple output options:
First, I create line items for the Text output for the Day, Month, and Year, I have separated them for display purposes but these line items can be nested into one if memory is a concern.
Next, I created multiple outputs in case there are different countries or business criteria across the company.
Below if the grid view for the outputs of the different date formats:
Thank you for this solution. This is helpful as there is no other option but creates unnecessary calculations and increases clutter.Vice versa the formula should work in the opposite way too.
Anaplan Modelers: Has Anyone Recreated a Showcase Model for Learning Purposes? One of the most valuable learning resources I've come across is Anaplan's Modeling Showcase. It features sophisticated, real-world model examples that offer an incredible opportunity to learn how experienced model builders structure their…
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…