[Start here] Modeling Experience
As an Anaplan model builder, you are already familiar with the power and flexibility that the Anaplan platform provides when solving your team's planning needs. With the new Modeling Experience, we enhanced the Classic interface to improve the model-building experience.
Just like before, this is still where you create your planning logic, manage model administration, and define model security. The new Modeling Experience is an essential evolution that will provide even more efficient and productive model building now and in the future.
During this first phase, we introduced an updated interface more aligned with the user experience and features, such as enhanced search and navigation and intuitive modeling within the new formula editor.
The new Modeling Experience will become the default experience in February 2023.
Are you ready to learn more about the new Modeling Experience and what it can do for you?
Who is it for and why?
The new Model Experience can be used by all customers and by all users but was designed for the Anaplan model builder. The new look and feel and enhanced navigation will help users more efficiently access the information they need most from within the models. Capabilities such as the new formula editor and fast access to modeling objects help reduce modeling errors and increase modeling productivity for the model builders.
Our customers shared that the new Modeling Experience was able to help them:
- Improve modeling accuracy with the innovative features available in the formula builder
- Build complex models faster by using the smoother navigation and model object search
- Speed up adoption because of the cohesive feel between the Model and User experiences
Three roles will primarily use the enhanced Modeling Experience, similar to today's Classic interface.
- Model Builders will be the key users and beneficiaries of the Modeling Experience, with the majority of enhancements focused on:
- Making model building more intuitive
- Enhancing navigation
- Improving modeling accuracy
- Integrating with the UX
- End-Users will use the new Model Experience if they directly interact with modules and in-model (Classic) dashboards. The end-user will see a visual update with a slightly different look, but overall functionality when using the contents panel and dashboards as tabs remains the same. The most significant enhancement for end-users is the simplicity of model navigation, featuring:
- In Model Search functionality in the table of contents
- Drop downs in the page header for switching between models
- Integration or Model Admins, depending on model permissions, will be able to more efficiently complete model updates and data integration activities that require in-model dashboards or functionality by using:
- Enhanced navigation
- Model object & content search
- Formula preview mode.
All users will find that the overall functionality remains familiar while providing an efficient and streamlined interface.
What are the impacts?
The new Model Experience is a no-effort change with many benefits. It will be the default experience for anyone accessing the Models directly (not accessing the UX pages), with no need to rebuild anything or change how you access your models.
Want to try it NOW? Learn how to enable the new Model Experience on Anapedia
Where do I start?
Ready to learn more about the new Formula Editor, Model Object Search, or Navigation. Check out the Modeling Experience page on Anapedia.
Watch this quick overview and walkthrough to see the new Modeling Experience action.
Then have a look at the Model Experience as an End-User.
What other resources are available?
Review the FAQs for preparing for when the new Modeling Experience becomes the default.
Join the conversation
Favorite features of the Modeling Experience [forum]