Hello All,
Is there a way we can add Data Write action to existing process so that we don't have to run it manually?
Use Case - In an Approval workflow, I am trying to capture Approval Date as soon as the Approval action is ran.
Thanks in Advance!!
@ankabra
No, I don't think that is feasible as of now. Forms, Notifications and Data Write all can not be put in the exiting process - reason being that all these are created on UX directly and there are no impression left on the underlying model.
Hope that helps,
Misbah
Thanks @Misbah - Agreed. It would be helpful if we could scale up the usage of the Data Write Action. It would have saved a lot of time and effort and would have saved us from creating multiple saved views and actions. Currently, it can only update one cell at a time, which limits its use. In any case, let's hope this gets updated in the future.
This is a great idea! I suggest capturing it on the Idea Exchange. I would happily kudo it!
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/AnaplanIdeas
Thanks for the suggestion @ryan_kohn . I have added this to an Idea Exchange forum.
You can find the link here.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…