I tried to import data into a numbered list from a module and except for the parent and code columns in the list all the other data updated with blanks. I have attached the screenshot of the mapping used during import.
I tried it that way. It didn't work so I added formulae to the properties of list that were not being loaded during import and got it running.
@kevinsanghoi Check your formats of target and source if they match together.
@kevinsanghoi
You're on the right track! Best practices suggest that we should avoid adding list properties and rather create a system module that uses that list and add line items for each property. So for example, here is the SYS08 employees module that is numbered. IMport your properties to this module instead.
They do match
That's an unfortunate circumstance. There are a couple of possibilities here why the data is not loading.
What does the error log reveal? It will tell you why the data isn't loading.
The parents exists as well as the code in the module(source) matches the code in the list(target).
As you can see in the screenshot below I have few columns populated and few of them are blanks.
There is no error message during the import.
Kevin Sanghoi
Awesome. Then the solution should be easy. We just need to see where Anaplan is getting confused. Let's go back to @bhatjaved idea.
For the three records you shared what is in the import file? Is the code and title there?
Trust me, this is an easy win. We just need to see where the disconnect is.
Later, when you reach the finish line, we'll talk about moving all these properties to a system module where they belong. hehe....
All the properties in the list have the format set as text.
For the 3 list items that I have shared the code and the parent as present in the import module as line items.
I too feel this is something relatively easy but I am missing a small detail somewhere
Try clearing the import action (delete it) so the source/default file is removed. You might be loading an old file. Then try reloading the data from scratch, remap as usual.
I have tried deleting the action. I even did the import directly from list options rather than running the existing action but nothing seems to work.
Try manually changing the code and title for 2 or 3 records. Make sure there are no special characters.
Sure, will try that.
Thanks Jared
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…