Level 2 activity 3.3.5.2B formula for Shipping line items

Options

Hi, 

1) Could anyone help I tried to build the formula for 'Shipping Method': 

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP:('SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center)] and cross checked previous answers at forum that it should be right.  But it still prompt invalid?
I checked lists of SYS07 and SYS08 that relevant data for Default Shipping and Distribution Center are filled.
(Attached: SYS07 and SYS08 screenshots)

2) Shipping Time Weeks, reference to 'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week' but the list is blank when I follow the instruction from the course material.  Where I can find the data to import data to TRA01?

Comments

• @ShirleyV 

Ok! The good news - your formula is perfect. Great job. Because, that's the most important thing is that you thought through the formula correctly. Your probably getting an invalid formula error because something is misspelled. Try using the mouse to select the line items from SYS07 and SYS08 instead of typing them in. Start the formula over from scratch. The only thing you should be typing is the brackets for the lookup function and the word LOOKUP: Oh! and make sure the Distribution Center line item is a LIST formatted line item  from you list subset s G3 Location:Distribution Center?

JaredDolich_0-1665450021775.png

You got this!

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center]

• Thanks! the first question is sorted. but still struggle on #2

Now #2 I got data import with shipping time and cost but not yet sort out the formula.

• @ShirleyV 

Yep. TRA01 is formulaic, nothing to import. You'll get both from DAT02 but you need to obtain the yearly value so you'll use the YEARVALUE.

JaredDolich_0-1665452089450.png

• Thanks! It's done. Now not sure how formula work that I use 

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Weeks)'[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center] but not sure how to reference to Shipping methods
  • @ShirleyV 

Yep. When you want to "lookup" a value in Anaplan you have to tell Anaplan the intersection at the source, in this case the source is TRA01 and it uses the lists Shipping Method and P2 Products. So, if we want that value we have to supply BOTH of those list items (shipping method and P2 Products). In your formula you only provided one. 

Shipping Time Weeks = 'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Week)'[LOOKUP: Shipping Method, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product]

• Thanks Jared!

I tried to apply same formula and return with error message?

• @ShirleyV 

Misspelled? You may have spelled things differently than me. Use the mouse to select the line items. Make sure all LOOKUPs are using list formatted line items. You'll be fine!

• Now I got it. Sorry was mistype my formula!  Thanks for your help!

• I was also having trouble with this formula, and it turns out there is no data in my SYS08 SKU Details "Distribution Center" column for the shipping method formula to work off of. I have the format set to list: s G3 Location: Distribution center and it is still blank. Am I missing something?