Unexpected API(POST) Error

Options

I want to import view data in the Azure Synapse Analytics pipeline, but I am getting errors in creating the request.
The error statement is this, is the Body wrong?

・Error message

{ "errorCode": "2108", "message": "{\n \"status\" : {\n \"code\" : 400,\n \"message\" : \"Missing or invalid body\"\n },\n \"path\" : \"/2/0/workspaces/{workspaceID}/models/{modelID}/views/{viewID}/readRequests/\",\n \"timestamp\" : \"2022-10-12T10:34:12.220164Z\"\n}", "failureType": "UserError", "target": "initiate_request", "details": [] }

・URL

https://api.anaplan.com/2/0/workspaces/{workspaceID}/models/{modelID}/views/{viewID}/readRequests/

・body

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.anaplan.com/2/0/workspaces/{workspaceID}/models/{modelID}/views/{viewID}/readRequests/' \
--data-raw '{
"exportType" : "TABULAR_MULTI_COLUMN"
}'

・Header

Authorization : 

concat('AnaplanAuthToken ',activity('get_access_token').output.tokenInfo.tokenValue)
・Accept : application/json

*workspaceID, modelID, and viewID are hidden for security reasons. (The actual IDs are entered when an API call is made.)

Does anyone know how to solve this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

CuteeeeRabbit_0-1665570912676.png

CuteeeeRabbit_1-1665571173434.png

CuteeeeRabbit_2-1665571341836.png

Answers

• Did you also validate your API call in Postman? And what does it give you there?

KR,

Steven

• My first guess would be that in your body you shouldn't put the whole curl request but only for example:

{
    "exportType": "TABULAR_MULTI_COLUMN"
    }

Kr,

Steven

• Thank you for your reply.

I tried it and it worked well.

I really appreciate your help.

I have one more question.

If I want to extract all data from a view, should I use

{"exportType" : "GRID_ALL_PAGES"}  ?

I didn't understand much from the reference.

I look forward to your reply.

• It seems to me that this large volume retrieve takes all data already if you use TABULAR_SINGLE_COLUMN or TABULAR_MULTIPLE_COLUMN without filtering or order. 

If you want to export data that is filtered and/or ordered already before export you can use GRID_ALL_PAGES

That is my intepretation of the information anyway, i haven't used it myself.

Kind regards,

Steven

• I use TABULAR_MULTIPLE_COLUMN, and it worked.

Thank you for your help!

• Glad i could help. If you have no further question, maybe you could mark this topic as solved.
    Kind regards,
    Steven