Track Changes

Is there a way to add a conditional formatting rule to track changes? I was thinking of maybe using the COMPARE function but my line items are not text formatted but line item formatted, and the line items I want to compare would be in two different custom versions of the same module. Any help or ideas would be great! 

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @Mrbobbywilliams8 

Here is my solution- 

• I assume you have two custom versions. You'll have to create two line items formatted as Custom Versions (No dimension). Select one Custom Version in each line item. You can either create it in your target module or in other intermediate module. *I created in one module to show.
    • Create one conditional formatting line item, number formatted. One per each line item where you want to apply the conditional formatting.
    • Let's say I want to track changes in Line_Item 1 (list formatted). Write this formula in your CF line item :- IF 'Line_Item 1'[LOOKUP: 'Version 1'] <> 'Line_Item 1'[LOOKUP: 'Version 2'] THEN 1 ELSE 0
    • Apply conditional formatting on Line_Item 1 using this new line item.

See the pictures to understand better

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 9.36.14 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 9.34.30 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 9.40.19 AM.png

I hope it solves your problem.

Thanks!

- Shubham Chaudhary

• Hi @Mrbobbywilliams8 

You can also use SELECT formula instead of lookup formula. You won't have to create those two non-dimensioned line item, if you use SELECT formula. 

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 10.06.15 AM.png

Thanks!

-Shubham

• Thank you! This worked out well! 

• Happy to help!😊