Copy from one list member to another
I have an Input module by List:A,B,C,D
The user wants to make the input for member A and copy them to all the other list members B,C and D so they don't have to make the i/ps multiple times.
How can I do this ? If I have an import action then can I map 1 to many for the List?
Copy Across or Copy Down should be the way to go. But if you are looking for this to be done with the help of an import then follow these steps
Step 1: Create a module (Module 1) which is not dimensioned by the List (A,B,C,D). Pull the values from Original Module to this module so that you have only one value in it. Make sure In your original module you have Summary set to Opening Bal or Closing Bal
Step 2: Create another module (Module 2) which is a copy of Original module and then pull the values from Module 1 and then Create a saved view here.
Step 3: Create an import which pulls the data from Module 2 into Original Module.
Hope that helps
Here is my solution:-
- Create a top level to your existing list
- Turn on the summary :- FirstNonBlank
- Create one line item with same format as the user input line item
- Give the formula :- User Input[SELECT: Test.Top Level]
- Create a saved view which shows this line item only
- User this saved view as source object in import action and map it to the User Input line item.
- When you run this action. The User input will be copied over to all other members as well.
Look at the pictures for better understanding;-
I hope it solves your problem.