Formatting options in UX

neeti
edited December 2022 in User Experience

Hello, Is there a way to hide the row header for a table on the UX page? Or format the header in white font?

I can't make the header column any smaller or hide it as in Mgmt Reporting.

Answers

• nikmg
    edited December 2022

HI @neeti,

Anaplan Reports do provide the flexibility to control your row and column header formats.

Here is a similar table with line items without indents placed on rows.

nikmg_0-1671223528069.png

You can  format the font color of your row headers to match the table background and your row headers are now invisible.

nikmg_2-1671223800976.png 

nikmg_3-1671223861587.png

You can learn more about it here 

Set the style of row and column headers - Anaplan Technical Documentation

Best,

Nik

• neeti
    edited December 2022

@nikmg the table formatting options are only available for Reports right? I'm looking for an option on a grid on my Board page

• nikmg
    edited December 2022

HI @neeti,

We do not have the feature to format the headers themselves in Boards/Worksheets yet.

Do you have line items in rows? If yes, you can try either of these options while retaining the custom views in NUX.

1. It appears a Style [that provides no indentation] is applied to the line items spilling out in your screenshot. A quick fix would be to revert to a normal style. With this the spillovers will disappear.
    2. If however, you have to provide a style for the line item [say, it is used for another table], you can consider using Summary 3 that would highlight/bolden the line item with indentation [which solves the current issue as well]
      • nikmg_0-1671437180434.png

However, if you have a dimension in your rows or have line items there and want to retain your current line item style itself, you might have to recreate this as a saved view from the backend module, apply row label width of 6px [lowest possible] first.

nikmg_1-1671437291226.png

Now publish this view on to your boards/worksheets.

The con here being you lose the conditional formatting benefits that custom views offers in NUX.

Best,

Nik

• Unfortunately neither of these work because I need LiSs in rows. The column width trick only works for dashboards, not new UX. Thanks for replying though.