Anaplan Connect using Bat Script For Windows - How to dynamically load a file in bat script ?

I have a file for the month of January on my local system, using that file I created a batch script using Anaplan connect.

I defined my January month file name and file path in batch script so that my script works fine with Anaplan connect.

Suppose I am in the month of February - I am planning to upload the February file to the above Anaplan connect batch script, it will not accept the February file as the file names are different (January file and February file).

• is every month we need to change file in batch script ? ( OR ) Is there any solution like to run dynamically ?

Please provide some inputs here, it's really help to understand myself.

Many Thanks,

Best Answers

• Hi @SIVAPRASADPERAM

If you plan to use a batch script, the name of the file for import must be the same. Make it a generic name like, "MonthlyImportData.csv" and then the time field will be mapped to the month in Anaplan.

Hope this helps,

Stacey

• Hi @SIVAPRASADPERAM,

It depends also how much control you have on the source system, and do you need to store the file, or it can be replaced every month.

Generally, batch scripts allow for simple data and string manipulation, so you can get the current date/month and make your file name a variable etc. If you have time, you can experiment a little, like:

set timestamp=%date:~10,4%-%date:~4,2%-%date:~7,2%

Answers