module based on hierarchy
Hello, i want to make a module that is based on a 2 level hierarchical dimension "product". When I click the selector of a Level 1 product I would like to see all the L2 Products that belongs to that Level 1 Product. With that module I'd like to make a pie chart.
Problem: I have made 2 lists: L1 Product and L2 Product. I would have liked to put these 2 lists in a module. The L1 in the Pages box of the module(so that i can make selections) and the L2 in the Rows box of the module(so that each L2 product is shown in a row). System does not allow me to because of the error "2 lists share common ancestors".
Can anybody help me?
Just an update for filter's formula, in case there is some L1 Product list item with only one child.
You can do it with one module having L2 Product as dimension. Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Create a module with L2 Product dimensions
- Add a static line item, "Static", formula = 1
- Create a line item, L1 Product filter, boolean format, formula = Static <> 1, summary = formula. We'll use this filter as page selector filter. (Making an assumption, every L1 Product list item has more than one child)
- Create a saved view using filter, L1 Product filter is not true. It'll hide all L1 Product list items in your module.
- When you publish this grid, turn on hierarchy filter. You'll see the page selector on your page.
- Add the "L1 Product filter" filter to it and it'll show L1 Product list items only.
I hope it helps. Thanks!
Many thanks!!! :)0