A line item format as "No Data" can be used in an import action?

Hi Guys,

I have an action to clear data in target module. The format of line item in source module is "No Data" and formula is blank. And the format of line item in target module is Boolean. I want to make the value of target line item as FALSE. Does it work when I run the import action?

As my experience source and target line items should have same format when set an import mapping.

Thanks!

Answers

• Hi,

You can use NO DATA formatted line item to clear any formatted target. It's actually the preferred source format to save space.

Cheers!

• Thank you Ajay. I agree to use No Data to save space, but I am not sure when the format is No Data, do I need set the formula as 'FALSE' if I need use it to map a target line item with Boolean format in an import action.

• You don't need to set any formula for NO DATA lineitem, as it would load BLANK (for text or date or list format target), ZERO (for number format target) and FALSE (for BOOLEAN format target). Also, you don't have to worry about matching the format between source and target lineitems in this case. Just map the source and target lineitems carefully while defining the action.

Cheers!