Export ignoring show/hide

Options
MatthewWilcox
edited February 2023 in Modeling

Hi guys,

I have created a saved view in one of my modules. my module has 4 dimensions + line items.

Time, Cost center, GL account and version.

My saved view has selected a few versions, cost centers and GL accounts.

I use tabular single column for my export as I want all dimensions to be columns and only a single line item of data, I select omit empty row and current line item and click export.

The exported file does not follow the shown versions, cost centers and GL accounts, instead it shows all of them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• AjayM
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MatthewWilcox ,

First, I would recommend using filters to filter down required set of items from each dimension. You would gain more centralised management of items that you want to export/use/show, using filters.

Second, for your requirement of exporting dimensions as columns and only one line item of data, you can use grid layout export, with lineitems as pages and time (preferably) in columns as the saved view.

If you can please check this link, you will understand why single column table layout is not the right choice for your requirement : https://help.anaplan.com/9277b985-cf76-45cb-becc-5cddc07906f9-Export-layouts-for-modules-and-dashboards

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Answers

• I am just want to say that you have created a saved view in a module with multiple dimensions and line items, and you are using the tabular single column export option to export data for a specific selection of versions, cost centers, and GL accounts. However, when you export the data, it is showing all versions, cost centers, and GL accounts instead of the selected ones.

Here are some potential reasons why this might be happening, and some solutions to try:

1. Check the selection of versions, cost centers, and GL accounts in the saved view: Make sure that the saved view is set up to show the specific versions, cost centers, and GL accounts that you want to export. Double-check that the selections are correct and that there are no filters or criteria that might be causing the export to show additional data.
    2. Check the export settings: Make sure that the export settings are configured correctly. Specifically, check that the "Use Saved View" option is selected, and that the saved view you want to use is selected. Also, make sure that the "Omit Empty Rows" and "Current Line Item Only" options are selected, as you mentioned you have done.
    3. Check the format of the exported file: Make sure that the exported file is in the correct format, and that it is set up to show the dimensions and line items that you want. For example, if you are exporting to a CSV file, make sure that the file has the correct headers and that the dimensions and line items are arranged in the correct order.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to reach out to your Anaplan administrator or support team for further assistance, as they may be able to provide more specific guidance based on your Anaplan instance and configuration. Tell Culvers