Data integration and data connectors
I am new to Anaplan have completed level1 and level2
since I am beginner, can some one provide links or articles to understand data integration and data connectors in Anaplan.
Hello @Ayeshazaina ,
Please find below a link to the resources suggested to study the Master Anaplanner. Within the list, you will find some resources that will be suitable:
Hope that helped!0
Hi @Ayeshazaina and welcome to the Anaplan community.
Here are my 2 cents to help you with your data integration quest.
In short, to move data in and out of Anaplan you have 6 options:
- Manual (using Anaplan interface to manually load and map flat files, or export data in flat files)
- Anaplan Connect: tool that runs on your local machine and executes a series of instructions from a batch file. All you have to do is to write the instructions in the batch file (credentials, Anaplan workspace, model, action to be executed, file to be used and location of the file for instance) You can download the client form here, along with some batch examples.
- Anaplan connect allows to schedule data actions (using a 3rd party scheduler such windows scheduler)
- Works with Authentication Certificates for enhanced security
- And can be used to run data integrations from local flat files as well as local and cloud data bases (such as local SQL Data Bases, Microsoft Data Factory..).
- This article is superb, please have a look! [Link]
- Anaplan CloudWorks: is a built-in integration administrator included with your Anaplan subscription that allows to automate data integrations using flat files hosted in AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage and Azure Blob. Allows to export data files to these cloud storage repositories and schedule actions too.
- Native Connectors: connectors that allow you to push data to a particular system. This option is limited to Power BI, Tableau, Salesforce and DocuSign. You can find out more here.
- Third Party tools (IPaaS): also called "ETLs". These are Informatica (Anaplan Hyperconnect), SnapLogic, MuleSoft, Dell Boomi and OneCloud (to my knowledge, these are the Integration Platforms as a Service that include connectors or operators to Anaplan). They all require of additional licenses and expertise but allow to connect data from a wide array of systems, run data transformations before loading into Anaplan and many other things.
- Bespoke APIs: Anaplan has a number of APIs you can call to develop your own data integrations.
Please, have a look at these links from Community, Anapedia and Academy to dive deeper in this topic. Attached a pic on how to get to the relevant courses in Academy.