SYS08 Roles importing data

MPWall
edited March 2023 in Academy Discussions

I have been working on the test activities 4 and 5, I have built List: Role and imported data, I have built Employee Drivers by Role and imported data, Added lines to SYS08 for Bonus, Car, Phone, Medical and Role. I can't seem to get the Role to populate. Department is a list of E1, and Role is a list of Role.

Have been workign on this for too long trying different solutions. Where is the issue I can't see.

I have been using the formulas:

IF Employed? THEN Salary * ‘Emp03 Employee Drivers by Role’.Bonus%[LOOKUP: ‘SYS08 Employee Details’.Department, LOOKUP: ‘SYS08 Employee Details’.Role] Else 0

Thanks,

MPW

Best Answer

• AjayM
    Answer ✓

Hi @MPWall ,

You seem to be applying the (right) formula at wrong place.

1. To get role data in SYS08 module, you will have to reimport ‘emplyee details by role’ file and map role lineitem with role column in the file
    2. Bonus, car, phone and medical costs are transactional details, which shouldn't be added to a SYS module. And these costs vary by month, so you need to write these formula in a different module ('EMP02 Employee Expenses'), which should be dimensioned by employee list and time (month).

Cheers!