How can we import data from one version to another version in a same module?

I have custom version list having Version 1 , Version 2 …. etc. I have a system module dimension with version list and fron there I am checking the Boolean "Copy From?" and "Copy To" based on the selection I want to import from version 1 to version 2 or vice versa. I have created the saved views but facing problem in mapping the version based on selection . How can we acheive that?

Best Answer

• Hello Arnab,

I believe that you have two options:

1. Apply a filter to the version from and define the mapping to as "Ask each time the import is run".
    2. Manually define where to as a fixed item, which means that whatever is filter as "Copy from" will always go into that version.

If what you are after is applying a filter to the target, I believe it will not work.

I hope the above makes sense.

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

Answers

• Hi Arnab,

You would need a staging module for achieving this. Use COPY FROM as a filter to create saved view for copying data from. Import this data into a staging module that doesn't have version dimension.
    And then using COPY TO boolean, fetch data from staging module to actual module into a different lineitem ("copied data") for target version while data of remaining versions should come from original lineitem.
    Now using a different action, you can import data from "copied data" lineitem into original lineitem.

Hope this gave you an idea.

Cheers!

• Hi @Arnab116 ,

Create a saved view of version which you want to copy then create an import action on top of that.
    While creating import action for version select "Ask each time to run".

Attaching the screenshot for your reference.