Aggregate from a source module to a module with common but less dimensions

Options

Hello,

I somehow struggle to find an answer to this problem:

I have my line item "Sales" in Module 1, which is formatted with Dimensions A, B, C, D and Time (Year) and I want to aggregate these sales in the line item "Aggregated Sales" in Module 2 which is formatted with Dimensions A and B only (no time format).

Could somehow guide me on how to get it to work ?

Thanks a lot !

Best Answers

• BrunoRodriguez
    Options

Hello @QZ ,

If all the dimensions have top level, you should only make a [SELECT:TIME.All Periods] or a lookup for whatever summary you want.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• Venki9902
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @QZ ,

As per the above discussion if you have top level for the dimension A,B,C,D for module1(Time dimension) then in module2 which has A,B without time dimension then in the "Aggregated Sales" line item you can give timesum(module1.Sales).
    Then you will get the expected data.

Attaching screenshot for your reference.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

Venkatesh

• HimanshuRaj
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @QZ

You can use Timesum formula of Anaplan in your target module and that'll giev you the result you need

Cheers!!

Answers

• QZ
    Options

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems that when I use [SELECT:TIME.All Periods] it sums at the top level for everything else, discarding my dimensions A and B (the common ones, from which I do not want aggregation)/

Do you have a suggestion for me to fix this ?

Thanks a lot

• Hello @QZ ,

You could try to stop the data before it hits the module dimensioned by all the A, B, C, D. However, the extra dimensions are only slicing the data in a different way. I suspect that the top level for A,B,C,D or A,B should be the same, shouldn't it?

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• QZ
    Options

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions !

I managed to get Bruno's solution to work since I discovered an issue in another calculation that prevented it to work, but it was actually correct.

Tried the TIMESUM as well just now after reading your comments and that yields the same result, good discovery ! I'll remember it for other calculations too.

Problem solved after all, thanks again !