Automatic import of failure dump
I have an action that imports data from excel into Anaplan. When the data fails to load, it is due to a missing list item (a project). When the items fail, I would like to extract the failure dump, and import those projects into another table, which heads off an import action that brings these missing projects into the list pending a review.
Is there any way to automatically publish the failure dump of an import, to a table in Anaplan?
Hi @howens21 ,
You may try the below steps to achieve what you need:
- Import projects from excel into a staging list, let's call it 'STG Projects'
- You can import remaining data of these projects from same excel into a module dimensioned by 'STG Projects', lets call the module as 'STG Import Project Data'
- Use 'FindItem' to identify existing projects within this module, and create a saved view to import data into your actual target module for the existing projects
- The reverse of Finditem function (where it returns FALSE) gives you list of non-existing projects
- Create a saved view for these new projects, and create an import action to load these new projects into your desired target module/list
Hope this helps!
This changes the end user experience a little, but I like the idea of the user having a "test import" step. This would force them to further assess the import before uploading. Thanks for giving it some thought!0