GIFs not accessible to other members with access to Sharepoint folder

Hi team,

I am working on a requirement where I have to add GIFs in NUX Pages to provide video kind of instructions to the end users using the page.

Following things are being done in the process:
1) Recorded GIFs.
2) Created a page on the Sharepoint folder

3) Uploaded the GIFs in the page.
4) Copied the GIF URLs and used while settting up the card on NUX Page.

Assuming there are 5 users who have access to the sharepoint folder and the models [Workspace admin access]. I am USER1 who is creating the GIFs and hosting the GIFs on the Sharepoint Page.

When User 2 will login into Anaplan for the first time after the GIFs are published and access the page, he/she will see the following error.

We also tried putting the GIFs url in a line item and creating GIFS using that line item. Same issue persists.

So for the GIFs to be visible on the page for User2, User3, User4, User5 they should open the link to any GIF in another tab in the same browser.
Eg: User 2 opens any GIF URL in another tab, he/she will be able to see all the GIFs across all the page.

The above stated is a workaround, whose need shouldnt arise.

Did anyone face similar kind of issue? Or am I missing something?
Any help/suggestion in this case will be apperciated.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Answers

• Hi @Shraddha0706

I think i am in a position to reply your query.

We had a similar requirement where we wanted to publish our brand logo on the New UX. We also tried to use the sharepoint as the source of the image. I tried multiple different ways using sharepoint, but it didn't worked out unfortunately. I was facing the exact issue that you have mentioned above.

So to make it work, I used an image of our brand stored in a publicly available web domain. And guess what it started working absolutely fine.

Give it a try, you might succeed.

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• Shraddha0706
    edited May 2023

Hi Anand,

Thank you for your suggestion.
    Can you let me know which public web domain was used to store the brand logo image in your case?
    Since it is client data, in our case we cannot make use of public web domain. Can you think of any alternative?

Thanks again in advance.
    Appreciate your response.

Regards,
    Shraddha😊

• Hi @Shraddha0706 It was some educational institute that was using our logo in their website.

I hope your brand must be having some website. Try using the logo stored somewhere on the homepage of the website. You might get it working.

And sorry I was away for a while.

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• And also now the "image store" is now available… so you might find that works.

Directly accessible via the card configuration