FX Rates Conversion

riyazpasha
edited May 2023 in Modeling

I have two list one is Local currency and other one is Reporting Currency

In Local Currency I have SGD and USD but in Reporting Currency I have Local Currency and EUR as list items. The Data is coming in the Input FX Rates via the Hub and the rates are update monthly and then the Data flows into Data FX Rates modules which is yearly

In the reporting module I have two entities both have a mapping of Currency. So the cost centers which belong to that entity has the currency mapping. So in the output module the values are pulled LOOKUP basis on the currency but now the user need to convert the local SGD to USD. Initially I was converting the SGD to EUR and USD to EUR now they want to have USD in reporting as well in the Output module so any suggestions.

All I need is to convert the SGD to EUR back again in USD for SGD. So any suggestions

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Answers

• Not sure if I fully understand the problem, but could you create a FX rate matrix with two dimensions - "Transactional currency" and "Functional currency" both would be flat lists with the same currencies. Then you could always go from the transactional currency to functional currency and vice versa (e.g., USD to USD would be 1 but USD to MXN would be 17.5) and multiple/divide accordingly. You would still do a lookup on transactional currency and functional currency as you're doing now to determine which rate to use. Hope this helps