Use combined lists ou other parent child relation?
[Context Demand Planning for school books]
I have 5 lists:
- SKU (Book) - e.g:5858595
- Subject - e.g. Maths
- School Year - e.g 5º Grade
- Type of Subject (Mandatory/Not Mandatory)
Theoretically, each subject has two parents: The type of subject and the school year. Since it is not possible I thought of 2 possible designs:
- A simple child parent relationship
Sku > Subject > School year
- There are subjects that are common to more than one year (e.g Math's 5º Grade & Math's 6º Grade), so it implies that the name of each subject is "Subject - Year ; e.g Maths 5º Grade"
- I can not map the type of subject as the parent for the subject and therefore, when filtering there will be nonsense combinations (it would be possible to select "Non-mandatory" in the filter "Type of Subject" and select a mandatory subject in the filter "Subject")
2) Create combined list that combines school year and subject and use this as a parent of the SKU
Sku > Combined List > Type of subject
Can you help me understand what option better fits my problem? Are there other solutions?
Thank you so much for your time.