Time based IRR Calculation

Options

Hi All,

I've list of transactions and data is day wise. I need to calculate IRR on time basis . I want calculate IRR on day basis and at the end the summarized level IRR i.e Quarterly, Yearly. Also I want to calculate Asset wise and fund wise IRR.

Can anyone have idea about how to do it? For your reference please find the below screenshot.

Many Thanks

Ashutosh

Tagged:

Answers

• anirudh
    Options

Hi Ashutosh,

Have you tried applying the IRR function

https://help.anaplan.com/irr-3e65abd3-a8d8-4cb7-af34-937232ae79c5

Looks like the IRR with dates function is what you are looking for. Make sure to dimension the module with Anaplan time

• Hi @anirudh . Thank u for Response. Yes I am using the day as time scale and calculating IRR. But I am not able to limit the dates. So IRR is not calculating as expected. As you see below.

Let me know if any other inputs requried.

Thanks in Advance

Ashutosh

• Hi - can you share the blueprint view with formulas?

Thanks

• I read this as you need a moving IRR based on transactions to date.

I have had the same issue and solved it by having 2 lists ( 1 transactions list and 1 a monthly period list). each time period is mapped to a transaction and a monthly period in my source module with time dimension

Then I have created module without time dimension using both lists (blue print attached)

then using the 2 cumulates i can determine which cashflows and relevant dates to bring against each transaction. Then use the IRR with dates calculation to provide am IRR by transaction using the monthly period list. ( see screen shot of IRR calculated by transaction)

In calculation module you can then lookup the transaction number mapped to a time period to provide IRR by time period ( see IRR by period in attached)

hopefully this works for you