Options for Override

Options

Hi

I have a module containing values that need to be reviewed and adjusted by an end user. The values are likely to need to be changed and there is often a high possibility that the value to override with is zero. The data is often copied between different dimensions.

What options are available for methods to override value in another line item.? I have come up with the following:

1. A boolean 'Override?', an 'Override value' line item with a formula and a line item containing a formula which instructs us to use the Override value if the line item is ticked. This method is shown in the training but my end user finds ticking the box each time cumbersome.
  2. An Override value line item plus a line item containing a formula which checks if the value is greater than zero and applies the Override value if so. (This isn't really an option here as the value is often zero)
  3. A combination of the two above options with a boolean line item to override the value with zero.

All of the above have pros and cons for the end user and I was wondering if there were any better options to use here that I haven't thought of.

Can anyone suggest any alternative Override options please?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• BenjaminNiel
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SBenth79,

There is another option (not perfect though): formatting the Overwrite line item as a text.

Of course, it also has its limitations (including the fact that the user can enter a real text).

Hope this helps!

• HimanshuRaj
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SBenth79 You should try adjustment line item in this case then

So, formula in calculated line item will be formula as is + adjustment line item .

If calculated number is 70, then user can enter -70 to make it 0

Cheers!!

Answers