Adding lines of data from a list to a single line in a module

Options

Hello all,

Could anyone advise of an easy way to add multiple lines from a list or module based on my list to another module in a single line?

So my list is a list of products, descriptions, etc and in the list-based module I have a boolean to select specific products, I then would like the list of data to appear in the new module as product 1, product 2, etc Is this possible?

Looking forward to your advice

Phill

Best Answers

• PaulRitner
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could potentially use the TEXTLIST function. There's a 10,000 character limit (and TEXTLIST, I think, can be a performance hog). But it works.

• Badam
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @pknight@cyt-uk.com,

TEXTLIST(Text to concatenate, Separator, List to reference [, Duplicate behavior])

Argument

Data type

Description

Text to concatenate (required)

Text line item

An expression that evaluates to a text line item.

Separator (required)

Text

The text value to use as a separator between each text value concatenated.

List to reference (required)

List

The list that determines the order in which to concatenate the values from the Text to concatenate the argument.

Duplicate behavior

Keyword

Determines whether duplicated text values should be listed once or multiple times.

In your above case, product items should be in a line item, use "," as a separator and the List against which you want to concatenate.

https://help.anaplan.com/textlist-c1e24970-400f-43af-95e7-b34a43253cdb

If the above answer helps you out, please accept it as a solution, which motivates us to contribute more.

Thanks & Regards
    Badam Anjani Prasad
    Matasma Digital Technologies

Answers

• Hello,

Can you provide an example of the desired output? I don't understand quite what you are asking.

Thanks,

Paul

• Hi @pknight@cyt-uk.com ,

As per my understanding, do you want to convert the list, for example, list of 10 records rows(Products) to one single product1, Product2, and so on?

Regards,
    Venkatesh

• Hi @pknight@cyt-uk.com ,

As per my understanding, do you want to convert the list, for example, list of 10 records rows(Products) to one single product1, Product2, and so on?

Regards,
    Venkatesh

• @Venki9902 exactly that! Yes I would like to have each product code displayed in the one line of the module

• @PaulRitner would be able to show an example formula to explain?

• Karan92
    Options

Hi @pknight@cyt-uk.com,

1) Created a Product List with Codes (Same as Names of the product) :- This will help in extracting the name using the text formatted in the supporting module.

2) Created a Module similar to yours just added one Line item (Name of Products - Text Formatted), along with the boolean for selection as you wanted. Dimensioned by Products List.

3) Then Created another module in which only selected products will get concatenated.

Hope this will resolve your query and kindly mark this as a solution if it helped you.

Thanks in Advance
    Karan Sinha

• Thanks everyone for all your help,

I managed to get the problem resolved with the textlist but tweaked to include a break function to put the products onto a new line for each one and I can now use it perfectly.

Cheers!

Phill