Reset Index number without affecting Data

Options

Hey community members!

I'm facing an issue with resetting the index numbers for List A in my project, and I could use some guidance on how to solve it. Here's the situation:

I have a hierarchy consisting of three lists: A, B, and C. Currently, List A has reached its maximum index number. To give you an idea of the item counts for each list:

• List A: 15,000 items
  • List B: 30,000 items
  • List C: 105,000 items

The challenge I'm facing is that this list is used across approximately 12 modules and extensively within various automation processes. Resetting the index number for List A is crucial for the proper functioning of my project.

I'm seeking advice on the best approach to reset the index numbers for List A without causing any disruptions to the other modules or automation processes that rely on it. Any suggestions, insights, or steps to follow would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance for your help. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and solutions!

@Misbah, @ManjunathKN

Answers

• Misbah
    Options

If you have just 15K items in the list then why do you want to reset it or why was it reset so many times that it is reaching a billion mark? Any way let me loop @rob_marshall to see if he has anything on it.

• The list has been growing for three years and is now almost at its maximum level

• @HarishBabu

The only way to reset the internal addresses is to delete the current list members, then reset it, then load the data back in. Honestly, this really shouldn't be an issue as there is most likely already a delete action that is being run as that is the only way the internal ID can get that high.

• Hello,

@Misba's question is interesting. How do you manage to achieve such a high index with a list of 15,000 items?

Maybe this can help : https://help.anaplan.com/reset-the-list-index-f5f76c88-127f-4109-b022-d215917cba24 ?

• Edit: you will need to delete the contents of the list to be able to click on the

• @axel.frot

which is what I said above.

• I made a clone model, removed all data from List A, and reimported from it. In addition, list B was imported to update Parents. Thank you for your insightful comments.

• Hi @HarishBabu

How did you get the List Index Limit notification