Alternatives to connect Anaplan to Tableau

Options

Hi,

We are connecting Anaplan to Tableau in one of our engagements, where Tableau is the downstream system.
Currently we are refreshing Tableau data or pulling data into Tableau via Anaplan-Tableau connector (which is native to Tableau).

However, as per Tableau 2023.1 release, Anaplan connector will be depricated in 1-2 releases.
Refer the link below for the Tableau article: https://help.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/examples_anaplan.htm

However, we are trying to find out alternate ways where we can connect Anaplan to Tableau.
Following are the options of connector available within Tableau:

It would be great, if team can help me with the options that are compatible with Anaplan as well from the above list.

Answers

• Hi, are you using Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure. If you are using Google Cloud easy option would be to set an scheduled Cloudworks export to Google Big Query and connect Tableau to that Google Big Query table. With Azure or AWS it would be bit more complicated but still relevantly simple. You can set up cloudworks exports to AWS S3 or Anaplan and from there to supported tools in AWS/Azure.

Other option would be to set an integration to your data warehouse and connect Tableau to your data warehouse.

• Badam
    Options

As you are looking for sustainability of integration as well, I agree with @pyrypeura, this is the best method to connect anaplan to tableau.

We have tried using APIs as well, but that is not that effective compared to the above ones.

• The Tableau connector is maintained by Tableau, and I can't speak for them - but note that their announcement was that the current version of the connector is to be deprecated, and that they are currently working on a new version. Further, they state that the version they are deprecating will only be removed 1-2 releases after the new version of the connector ships.

• Has anyone gone down the bigquery route here? I am thinking BigQuery is going to be quite a significant spend here. Let me know if thats not the case.

• AnyaS
    Options

Hello there. It appears the Tableau connector is now indeed deprecated. Does Anaplan team have a suggestions on the best path forward when attempting to connect Tableau to Anaplan data source? Thank you! @QuinE - thoughts? Thank you!

Anya